Friday, July 11, 2008

Sarah And Dave Lost Another Tree

Yesterday, I had just gotten home from work and Joe and I were sitting with our laptops in the basement when I heard the sirens going. Just like the last time I heard sirens going it didn't make any sense. The weather looked fine........just a bit of rain. But, then it got very dark. It was 1:30 in the afternoon and it looked like it was midnight outside.

We got some rumbling thunder, lightning and a little rain. I turned the TV on and saw there was a threatening and potentially dangerous cell moving through our area at about 40 mph. The report was rain, high winds, hail and a minor threat of tornados. The cell moved through Plymouth and headed toward Eagan where Sarah and her family live.

It was within the last year Sarah and Dave lost a beautiful tree in their front yard to high winds. When Sarah called me after the storm had passed in Eagan she said, "We lost another tree! This time in the back yard!"

As you can see, the tree was cut off at ground level. The tree fell over into their neighbor's yard crushing Sarah's and Dave's fence. The little children's pool right beside the tree didn't move, nor did the Little Tyke's slide. There was a pair of children's sunglasses and a cloth on a table on the patio that didn't move. Nothing else was touched or moved, but the tree went down.

They were without power for a while. Davey played with his Word World toy he got for his birthday. Sarah took a picture. It is pretty sweet and it sure made Joe smile when he saw the picture. I don't know if she got a picture of Derek yesterday. Funny story about Derek is coming up.........

Derek is working on potty training. Here is how it is going. Sarah found Derek with the soft seat that goes on the potty chair around his neck. It was stuck and he couldn't get it off! Sarah finally got it off through his tears! It still makes me laugh!

What a day at their house. A downed tree and a potty seat stuck on a little boy's neck. I am so sorry about the tree honey. It really was a beautiful tree............and I am glad no one was hurt. It wasn't good at all and it was so much better than it could have been!

We love you guys!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a day!

Anonymous said...

OH MY....I'm glad no one was hurt! Isn't it amazing what the strong winds can do....I'm glad everyone is ok! Hugs
Sylvia