Sunday, July 06, 2008

Jackson Toby Was Baptized Today

On June 18, 2008 a little boy was born and he was to be named Jackson Toby.

The Baptismal Table
Sarah, Dave, Davey, Derek and Jackson Toby

Sarah, Dave, Davey, Derek, Jackson, Larissa, Joe and the minister
(the unidentified children are from the congregation)

The family and the sponsors during the reading

Jackson Toby is baptized

Welcome to the congregation Jackson Toby

Sarah, Dave and Jackson Toby with my sister Linda her husband David and grandson Jahmari

Sarah and Jackson Toby with my dad, Jackson Toby's great grandpa

Sarah and Jackson Toby with Joe who came all the way from Ireland because Sarah asked him to and he said "Yes, yes, of course I will come!"

Grandpa Ken, Grandma Barb, my dad, Dave, Sarah, Jackson Toby, Larissa, Brian the minister, Joe, me holding Davey, Tom holding Derek
We love you Jackson Toby!

This little boy is Sarah and Dave's son, Davey and Derek's little brother, Tom's and my grandson, my father's great grandson, Grandma Barb and Grandpa Ken's grandson, the newest nephew to Uncle Adam, Auntie Sara Beth, Auntie Kara and Uncle Sam, the newest cousin to Josh, Christopher, Amelia, Joseph, Kallsen and Parker and the godson of Sarah's good friend, Larissa and our dear friend, Joe, who traveled all the way from Ireland to be part of his birth and baptism.

Adam and his family and Kara and her family were unable to attend the baptism today but I know they were all with us in spirit. My sister, Linda and her husband David and grandson, Jahmari, were able to bring my dad to the baptism. That means the oldest member of our family, my dad at 95, and the youngest member of our family, Jackson Toby, 2 1/2 weeks, were the bookends of a family that felt great happiness and joy today.

It was a beautiful service and one picture we all wish could have been taken was when the entire family who was there laid their hands on Jackson Toby's head. Seeing hands of all ages touching little Jackson brought tears to our eyes.

What a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your posts, Grandma! I wish I could join your family! I still want to go to Ireland. What does Joe have to say about people moving there? Where would he suggest? Lois

Anonymous said...

Dear Judy, Tom and Joe,

Congratulations Judy and Tom on the wonderful occasion of Jackson's Christening and congratulations Joe on the great honour of being a Godparent...Jackson is a lucky little baby having such loving Grandparents and we are sure he will bring many blessings to all your family.

Love from Kathleen & Neil (Joe's sister and brother-in-law in Ireland)

Anonymous said...

This was so emotional for me to see all the family all together and looking so happy at this special time for your baby ...so!!! 3 boys up to press lol ....keep going girl .. the girl is there, shes just a little shy to appear yet.....give her time lol... Your such a very spiritual family .. i was touched by watching the christening from a distance ~~~ God bless the family ... Love from liz ......aka lisauk xxx

Anonymous said...

Looks like a beautiful day!