Friday, July 04, 2008

Church At Minnehaha Falls

On Sunday, June 15, Sarah and Dave invited us to an outdoor church service their church was holding at Minnehaha Park. It was a lovely warm morning and a beautiful setting to worship in. The day before Davey called, and as we talked about meeting up for church the next day, he gave me a very important message to give to Joe. He said, "Grandma, tell Joe he has to be verrrrrrry quiet!" I said, "I will tell him, Punkin." And, I did. Joe understood the rule and assured us that he would indeed be very quiet!

Now, I expect you all might be smiling just as I am. It was pretty cute, and if any of you think any of us were verrrrry quiet during what was supposed to be the quiet time, you might want to think again.

You see, it seems the park benches we were sitting in were being shared with lots and lots of caterpillers, which Derek called caterpiddows. There is no way the pastor could compete for the children's attention once they discovered the caterpiddows. Between the setting and the beauty of the children's excitement it was the nicest church service I have been at in a long time.

Below are some pictures from that beautiful day!

Church at Minnehaha Park

Children young and old came that day

Joe and me at the picnic lunch following the service

Grandma, LOOK!

Davey and one of the plentiful caterpiddows

Derek showing Joe one of his caterpiddows

Here Joe, this one is for you

Minnehaha Falls.......how beautiful

Beautiful setting .. the falls were great due to us having so much rain this spring

Tom took this picture of me holding Davey not knowing he was also getting the statue of Hiawatha holding Minnehaha in the background..I like it a lot

Dave, Sarah, Davey and Derek going for a family bike ride...well sort of! Dave is training for a marathon and decided to pedal for all of them. Sarah got off after a while and waited in the car. Even with just the two boys I am not sure Dave would sign up to do this again!

We had such a nice day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful, beautiful day! Davey only wants to go to church outside now, he told me as we were going to "regular" church last week. The boys really loved the caterpiddows, that's for sure. And even though I was SOOO pregnant when Dave was pedalling all of us, he said he always works that hard when he trains! He's a very nice man.

Anonymous said...

The waterfalls look so beautuiful! I'm sure it was an enjoyable day for all! I enjoyed all the pictures, my favorite one is the family on the bike! I LOVE the boys knees in ths picture!! That is soooooo cute!! I can tell they had been working hard all day! LOL LOL LOL

BTW did anyone find ladybugs at the service? LOL LOL
Sylvia

Judy Roo said...

I think davey has the right idea!! I only want to go to church outside too...it was church at its best...nature and people and sharing and joy and love..God was everywhere that day!

Judy Roo said...

sylvia....I had to go back and look at the picture of the knees...you are right....those little boys ran and played and knelt and fell and had the best time...and I looked for ladybugs but alas.........there wasn't a single one in sight...hugs sylvia

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful family you all are Judy, so loving and tender and the love shines through with your smile. I understand now why Joe loves to be with you all.

God Bless Judy to you and all your family...love and hugs from Lisauk

Judy Roo said...

thank you lisauk.....God bless you and yours too! hugs

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very nice day!