Friday, July 04, 2008

Brunch With My Dad

Joe arrived late on Wednesday, June 11. Friday morning, June 13, we drove out to Chaska to pick up my dad for our now traditional meal at Perkins. (In my family, if you do something once it becomes tradition) Perkins is my dad's favorite restaurant and it is also Joe's favorite restarurant. Going to Perkins with my dad is one of the things Joe looks forward to and this time was no exception.

My dad gave Joe what has also become his traditional greeting. "Hi, Joe! You're still a good lookin' guy!" The first time my dad saw Joe on webcam he said, "Hey, you're a good lookin' guy!" To which Joe replied, "Not as good lookin' as you Al!"

The nice story about this particular meal at Perkins is that my dad had just had some dental work done the day before. That is why he looks a little bruised around his mouth. Because of the work he had done my dad had to eat soft foods. This meant he could have his traditional pancakes but couldn't have his side order of four slices (not three slices) of bacon. Out of sympathy for my dad Joe refused...I mean he simply would not..eat bacon either.

I thought that was really nice!

My dad and Joe at Perkins


Me with my dad and Joe at Perkins

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom, you look thin!!! And Grandpa & Joe are good lookin' guys! AND, I love Joe. (you and Grandpa, too)

Anonymous said...

YUMmmmm I remember the picture from the last visit to Perkins! WOW, it all looked great! Grandpa you'll just have to make Joe take you again when you get to feeling better!
Hugs,
Sylvia

Judy Roo said...

thanks honey....(and I love you too)