Friday, June 13, 2008

Joe Is Here


Our friend, Joe from Ireland, is here. He arrived Wednesday night at 10:34 p.m. amidst the threat of high winds, rain and hail. But, just as the mail arrives regardless of the weather, so did Joe!

As Tom and I drove to the airport to pick him up we seemed to be right ahead of the storm and Joe's plane seemed to land safely right after the storm had passed. He noticed no unusal turbulance and in fact pretty much slept through the excitement and concern Tom and I had on the ground.

All I know is it was wonderful to see him and we found each other with the use of our cell phones. We easily got his luggage and were home by midnight. Joe had been up and traveling for 24 hours by the time we settled in for the night.

Yesterday Joe and I went to visit Sarah and the boys which I will post about later today or tomorrow. We had a wonderful day! This morning Joe and I will go out to Chaska and pick up my dad and take him out to lunch. I learned he had surgery on a tooth yesterday and is still on a somewhat soft diet. He thought it would be ok to go to Perkins and just eat the pancakes and skip the bacon today.

So that is it for now! Welcome to Minnesota Joe! We are so glad to have you here. We love you!

7 comments:

azmom said...

Welcome back joe. Glad you made it safe and sound. Hope the weather will calm down a bit while you are in MN. Enjoy youself.

Anonymous said...

Welcome Joe! Is this your father's day celebration with your dad? Good thing pancakes are soft! What would he do otherwise?

Anonymous said...

It was nice to see Joe yesterday - before and after my nap!!! It's like he was never gone! I'm glad he's here. Have fun with Grandpa today!

Anonymous said...

well even tho i cant c joe wish u happy travels her ein the usa and enjoy it wish u can come to niagara falls for the luncheon, the impossible dream i know... tc have a lovly time i leave july 2nd for buffalo ny and wont b back until aug 7th
have a blesswed time here ...i will b seeing me irish relatives ... also tc u and judy
my space.com/toni candymaker keepingbusy
is my site
tc all

Anonymous said...

I love your blog!

I am VERY interested in Ireland - moving there, living there... is such a thing possible? What does Joe think?

love from Lois

Anonymous said...

Good to see you have arrived safely in MN joe, just know you will all have a wonderful time. I've not been in chat so much lately, but still enjoy looking at your blogs. Enjoy yourselves.

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear Joe had a good trip. 24 hours of travel is a LOOONG time (worth every minute I'm sure)!

Take good care of him JUDY(lock the fridge wink wink !!) Laffin I'm teasing ya Joe....hugs!

Have FUN everyone!
Hugs,
Sylvia