Friday, June 27, 2008

And The Phone Rang At 4:00 A.M.

I was sound asleep when the phone rang. The words were out of my mouth before I even answered the phone. "Oh, my God!" I knew this was it! I knew he was going to be born before his scheduled time. He was scheduled to be born on June 23rd, and it was only June 18th. He couldn't wait. I told Tom, "This is it! Sarah and Dave are going to the hospital and we need to meet them there. I am going to go wake Joe and get ready to go!" It was 4:00 A.M.

Joe and I got to the hospital just as Sarah and Dave arrived. (Tom arrived a little later) Dave dropped Sarah off at emergency and I dropped Joe off at emergency so he could walk her to her floor. Dave parked his car and I parked my car. I was in the elevator heading up to the Maternity floor and saw Dave running down the hall. I held the elevator door for Dave and in minutes we were all together as it was confirmed that this was the time.

How does a person say what this moment is like? You wait and wait and wonder and wonder what this little baby is going to be like. We had seen the ultra sound pictures and video and this little baby had his own little presence before he even entered this world. Even in utero he had a peacefulness that could be seen and felt.

Grandpa, Joe and I waited with your daddy little baby until it was time for him to go be with mommy. And, it wasn't long until you were born! How very beautiful you were!






(Tom recorded gramma meeting baby for the first time)

Welcome to my world Jackson Toby!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

He sure is perfect!!! I was mentally prepared to wait until the 23rd and was honestly surprised when my water broke! It all happened so fast! And it was totally worth it. Jackson Toby is just so wonderful! We are blessed!

Anonymous said...

GOD is GREAT!

Congratulations all around!

What a beautiful baby boy! JUDY you are so Blessed, so RICH (w/all your grandchildren), so much love surrounds you......Like I've said before, what a beautiful family! My Blessing to little Jackson Toby on his arrival!

Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing such a delicate moment. Jackson certainly is a cutie, as are Tom and Joe lol.

Ellen

Anonymous said...

Mom forwarded on the pics of your new grandson. How wonderful. Congrats to you all. :)

I also read a few pages in your blog... the castle made me laugh. We do that often too. He usually calls it a truck or a tent. But yeah - all the pillows and blankets that aren't tied down. Aren't messes so much more fun when they come from toddlers? I also loved the Mother's day post.

Yes, I do know that all of my utensils are in the sandbox or toybox. That's a given. This morning, Zarrie was laughing at me as my eggs were cooking and I was scrambling around looking for my favorite scraper. "Silly Mommy!" he said.

Please pass on our congrats to Sarah and Dave and hugs to the new baby and big brothers. Love M

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You have the BEST blog I have ever seen - because I am one of those people who LIKE to watch other people's home movies!

Oh your excited voice when you first met Jackson Toby! And to think I have told my sons to have puppies instead of children...

I still want to move to Ireland.
Can a woman and her two dogs (or Dan can keep them) move there?
Where does Joe suggest I go?

I have to go back to your blog and continue the picures of the girls.

love, Lois

Anonymous said...

Well done Mum......lovely baby...lovely pictures....lovely recording.
Thanks Judy/Tom for sharing the moment...... nice to hear that old Irish accent in the background.
Congratulations and best wishes to all.
Pat

Anonymous said...

He is a beautiful little boy!

Anonymous said...

Aww Judy, thank you for letting me share your world again,wow you have such a loving close family, and its lovely to see the first photo of young derek kissing his brother, how sweet is that.. Joe looks so peaceful holding Jackson, really suits him, and also your dad, Judy he looks so happy and I know he was as what a lovely photo to have, hope its framed for him, that is one I would treasure for sure.. and Judy.. thanks so much for allowing me to see your family, I feel in some way I already know you and your family as well as Joe, the way you present them makes it so alive you can actually feel the love in them, so hugs and congrats to the new addition to the family. mum,dad and boys you have a new baby to care for and to nuture and guide and he will grow up to be just a wonderful person as he has love in his family,The love of a family is life`s greatest blessing, God Bless you and your family and Joe hugs x

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you all Judy, on the arrival of your beautiful grandson Jackson Toby. He really is beautiful and is such a lucky litle boy to have such a loving close family. God Bless you all.