Friday, March 14, 2008

A Nice Night...continued....Part 3

The other night when Sarah, Joe, Punkin, Derek and I were talking on the phone, Punkin said he wanted to draw a picture for gramma. While the rest of us talked, Punkin started to draw and the first picture he drew touched my heart so much. Punkin knows I love to swing on the swing in their back yard. This is a picture of gramma swinging. I nearly cried when I saw it!


Gramma swinging
Sarah took a picture of his picture and sent it to me in email. Then he said, "Wait, I have to add something. And, Sarah took another picture with the addition. He had to add the words, "This is the best," because he said, "That is what you always say, Gramma!" He also added himself on the swing, which you can see a little bit of to the left of the words. I always tell him, "I love to swing with you!"

This is the best

Then he said, "Mom, I want to write Gramma a story. So he wrote, "One day, Davey was going to Gramma's house." Below his words, he drew himself on the left and me or my house on the right and the line in between is how he got there.


Going to visit Gramma

And, I bet you can guess what he did next. He said, "Wait, I have to add something," right after Mom took the picture. I also bet you know what he needed to add!"

"I love you"

I love you too, Punkin, and I see you even added a little heart!
Thank you Punkin for all your pictures and your story! This was the very first story you have ever written me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! He sure loves you lots! But then, all the grandkids do!

Judy Roo said...

thanks kara roo...I am just the luckiest gramma alive....8 and almost 9 times over...I surely am!

Life Is Good said...

That was such a nice night and I enjoyed it immensely. Davey’s pictures are great and they display all the love he has for you. I agree with Kara, all your children and grandchildren love you. You have a most wonderful family. Thank you so much for bringing me into their lives and allowing me to share such beautiful times with all of you.
Incidentally, I think the one of you on the swing is a masterpiece...lol
Hugs
Joe.

Anonymous said...

Davey is just so loving, he can barely keep it inside his little body. And Gramma, it was Davey saying "this is the best" when the two of you swing. I just love that boy!

Rose said...

Hi Judy, just been catching up on your blog. So sorry I missed your birthday, seems you had a lovely one. I have been busy with visitors from UK and not done much really on the blog but starting to get back on a roll. I was however invited to go as a guest on the BBC Manchester blog which led to me going on Radio Manchester to talk about my life here in Romania so quite interesting what blogging can bring about. Kindest Regards Rose x x

Rose said...

Hi Judy, just been catching up had visitors from UK very exciting they brought me goodies and it was so great to see them. Sorry I missed your birthday but it looks like you had a good one. Hope you and your family are well. Kind regards Rose x x