Thursday, March 06, 2008

A Nice Healthy Recipe


Since I have been on my new eating program and choosing to make lifestyle changes, I have been adding new food choices to my diet. I have been reading articles and books on Glycemic Index foods and generally the foods that are good choices.

Based on my reading I made a soup/stew the other day that was totally delicious and there is not one thing in it that is not good for me.

The ingredients are.....

1 1/4 lbs ground turkey

4 oz whole wheat healthy harvest pasta

2 cans of Progresso low sodium Minnestone soup

2 cans of diced tomatoes (15 oz)

2 cans of tomato sauce (15 oz)

1 can of dark red kidney beans (15 oz drained and rinsed)

black pepper

minced onion

Mrs. Dash's Table Blend seasoning

Mrs. Dash's Onion and Herb seasoning

Mrs. Dash's Tomato/Basil/Garlic seasoning

Brown the ground turkey and minced onion. Meanwhile, cook the pasta. Add the soup, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans and seasonings to the browned turkey and minced onion. Drain and add the pasta and let simmer.

This makes a nice big pot of soup/stew depending on how much you let it thicken.

The truth is...If I had ordered this at a restaurant, I would have wanted the recipe and Tom said a number of times how good it was!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!! Look at you!

Judy Roo said...

thanks sarah roo..it reminded me of a soup I have had at Olive Garden ..

Adam Wright said...

For some healthy recipes I have started some parking pages with recipes.

They include

Diet Dessert Recipe
Diet Dessert Recipes
Chicken Grilled
Tangy Mustard

All are dot coms. All have recipes links on them.

Good for you eating healthy.