Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Nice Night

I was talking to my friend, Joe, in Ireland tonight on skype. The phone rang and it was my little grandson, Davey. Davey is 4 1/2 years old and we often talk on the phone. Every now and then he shares me with Derek, his 2 1/2 year old brother. The boys wanted to talk to Joe too, so I arranged it so everyone could hear each other.

Things were going along just fine until something happened and Derek started to cry. And, at one point Davey started to cry too.

And, then something really nice happened. Joe started to sing a little song he made up, and both boys started to laugh and giggle and want more and more and more. Joe just kept singing.

Joe and I ultimately helped tuck the boys into bed. We stayed on the phone and they said their nighttime prayer, which is the one my parents taught me as a child, and the one I taught my children, and now it is the one my children are teaching their children.

Jesus Savior
Wash away
All that has been wrong today
Help me everyday to be
Good and gentle
More like thee

Amen

It was a really beautiful night shared with our friend, Joe, all the way across the ocean in a faraway country called Ireland.

The video is what I could capture of Joe singing while I was trying to balance my earphones, the speaker phone and the camera.

You are loved, Joe!

You should just be able to click on the arrow and get the video. I surely hope it works for everyone.





This is a picture of Derek laughing while Joe was singing. How nice it is to make such a nice difference in a little boy's life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of Derek! He is really growing up. Nice haircut!

Life Is Good said...

That is such a nice post Judy. I have missed talking to the boys and it was great to get the opportunity again. It was a most enjoyable night.
My singing? Now that is a different thing. Did you have to? lol. Anyway I'm glad it stopped them crying. I would have expected it to be the other way round.
Hugs
Joe.