Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Yet A New Visitor

We have lived in our house since August of 1979. How many years is that? I believe that comes out to be 28 1/2 years. We have seen pheasants, ducks, owls, bunnies, foxes, raccoons, deer, one wild turkey, something that looked like a very weird, quite tall, long legged cat that made me think it was a bobcat, and now the other day I looked out the patio door and said, "What is that?"

It seems we had yet a new visitor who must have smelled remnants of the crackers and cereal Tom and Amelia put out under the bird feeder. Our newest visitor is the first possum we have seen.

I just love living here!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way cool.

Anonymous said...

That looks like a possum. I should know since one was living under our bathtub about 5 years ago. (Thank goodness for friends with brave husbands willing to reach in and take the possum out.Adam wanted no part in taking the possum out.)

Adam Wright said...

Looks like a possum. I've had more than my fair share of possums. You might remember I had one that got in my crawl space of my house and ended up under my bathtub...

I didn't think possum were that far north...

Judy Roo said...

I do remember that adam...

Adam Wright said...

I remember when we first moved into that house there was a Woodchuch that was living out behind the garage.

I also remember when we first lived there...before grass and a paved driveway a lot of garner snakes. And a mouse in the basement that Webs caught.

I think my favorite has always been seeing the owls...specailly when they fly through the thich trees with their full wingspan open...an amazing site to see.

Judy Roo said...

you are right adam..I had forgotten about the garter snakes and the little mouse that went squeak squeak squeak .. I learned when the garter snake felt threatened it coiled up and played dead...nature is fascinating..

and when I knew there was an owl in the back yard I would wait and watch for that very moment when it would take off and you could see it fly full wingspan...

did I ever tell you that one time I was looking out the kitchen window and an owl had come and perched right on the back deck railing?