Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Very Nice Night

On Friday night, February 15, Tom and I took our daughter, Kara and her husband, Sam, to a Valentine's Dinner/Concert at our church. Tom, who is a member of the Chamber Singers, was part of the entertainment.


We had a choice of either Glazed Game Hen or Pork Roast, couscous, vegetables and a yummy delicious salad with warm rolls and breadsticks. Dessert was a beautiful sponge cake with the lightest, airiest cream filling and chocolate icing.


There was, however, a near mishap toward the end of the meal. You know how you save the best and the last bite of the dessert to savor?

Well.....let me tell you....the lady clearing the table had her hand on my dessert plate with the saved bite still sitting there and was about to remove my plate ..... HELP!

I don't think I have ever moved so fast or grabbed a hand so quickly! Add sound effects to this scene and you can imagine the surprise and laughter that fell upon the faces of all those at the table. All turned out well!

The nice lady put my plate down with the deepest apologies and left me in peace to savor that glorious bite of splendid sponge cake!



It was a nice night!


Below is a video of one of the songs the Chamber Singers sang! I hope it works for you to hear it!


6 comments:

Tom Wright said...

Very nice!!
Thanks

Anonymous said...

First, let me say, "whew!" you got the post and the video on! Next, it looks like it was a nice night. Thanks for the pictures and the video!

Judy Roo said...

you're welcome Tom...it really was a nice night!

Judy Roo said...

yep, I got the video on honey..and it was a nice night...it is a lovely room and the food and entertainment were good...I wish you had been able to come too!!

we missed you and it would have been nice for adam and sara beth too..although a little long distance!

ldfs said...

(sigh) Lovely!

Anonymous said...

It was a very nice night! Thanks for inviting us! It was a great way to relax and it was nice to have some time to talk to you and Dad. I enjoyed the food, the concert and the conversation! Thanks!