Friday, February 15, 2008

Today Is Better

I had a better night last night. While I still woke up early, I did not wake up in pain. I feel like I am coming down off the Prednisone. I have three more days in the weaning off process, but I already feel like maybe my body is returning to my pre-Prednisone and pre-Percoset state. And, in the last few days I have been feeling twinges in my thigh that make me think maybe the nerve is loosening up or something.

I have so little personal experience with health issues that I feel out of control when something like this happens. I guess that is a good thing. It seems the only other option would be to have experience which I really don't want either.

Ok....where is the good option here?

On the lighter side, I have lost 10.2 lbs now on my weight loss/lifestyle change program.

And, I received a beautiful basket of hand-dipped fruit last night from two lovely clients. The chocolate was decadent and the fruit delicious. Imagine if you can.....3 people...6 hands...3 pairs of lips covered in chocolate as we made our way through just a few of the delectable bites!

I am a happy and a lucky girl!

2 comments:

ldfs said...

Glad to hear the pain is easing up. I get occasional attacks somewhat like this (though probably not as extreme) which I have assumed are something to do with the sciatic nerve. Usually large does of Vitamin I (Ibuprofen) take the edge off, and it goes away in a few days, but it sounds like your situation was much worse.

Congrats on the weight loss so far! That is so great!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss. And I'm glad you are feeling a bit better.