Thursday, February 14, 2008

Pinched Nerve

About a week ago I woke up with what has been diagnosed as a pinched nerve. I had pain in my right hip and parts of my right thigh are still numb and hurt at times. I can honestly say I have never experienced pain like that before. I didn't sleep for two nights because I couldn't find anyplace or any position that was comfortable. It is a sad story when the most comfortable place in the house is lying on the bathroom floor touching cold porcelain for comfort.

I wish I was joking!

I have been to the chiropractor twice. My pain was so bad, he sent me to my doctor. She has put me on two medications...Prednisone for the inflammation and Percoset for the pain. I have discontinued the Percoset and am weaning off the Prednisone and for the first time in several nights I woke up with pain. And, that is why I decided to write a post today.

Maybe just talking about it a little will calm my thoughts.

I will see how the day goes and whether or not Ibuprofen will ease the pain. I don't want to take the Percoset. While it relieves the pain, I don't like the feeling or the reality I live in with it in my system. And, the truth is it keeps me on the other side of my freedom to be independent.

No driving on narcotics!

I will keep you posted and will accept any and all good energy and prayers for this new situation to be relieved and be back to my good health, have freedom from pain and some regained freedom of movement I have always had and appreciated.

Judy February 13, 2008....Thanks for listening!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you are in so much pain. I know how unpleasant that is and so totaly draining. I will keep you in my prayers that you are soon pain free.

Anonymous said...

I love you Mom. I am so sorry that you hurt. Wish I could make it better...

Judy Roo said...

thanks esther..I know you know what this feels like and I hope neither one of us ever has to feel it again...

Judy Roo said...

I love you too kara roo...and thank you...I wish you could make it all better too...maybe you will be able to tomorrow night when I see you...a kara hug might just help!