Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Quote Jackpot

I don't know why I love quotes so much, but I do. I think it is because they say something significant in just a few words that touch me and get right to the heart. I hit the jackpot today and found several quotes all in the same place. Here they are.

"The great thing in this world is not so much where we stand as in what direction we are moving." -Oliver Wendall Holmes, Sr.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown

"May you live all the days of your life." -Jonathan Swift

"The future depends on what we do in the present." -Mahatma Gandhi

All these quotes are the like the curbs on the side of the road that help me keep focused on my goals for this new year.

"Without the curbs it is too easy to look off to the side of the road, and before you know it, you have jumped the curb and landed in the ditch." - Judy Wright

Hey, I think I might just have made up my own quote. Does that mean now I can quote myself?

That's a funny thought!

1 comment:

Rose said...

Hi Judy, Rose here, if you read my blog lately you will see I have been moving again , oh dear I really hope this is the last time it just tires me out. I love your quotes and so true. Must tell you I am on Google now you just type in my new life in romania and two sites come up, even if you type street children in arad one of my sites comes up. Hope you are all well La Multi Ani (happy new year)