Monday, January 14, 2008

Crossing The Bridge

Tomorrow will be the start of the third week of my new eating program. I feel like I have been re-inventing myself. What I am doing is so much more than being on a diet. I am changing my life.

I don't know why I started when I did. I was just ready. I woke up the morning of January 1st, 2008 and that was it. Yes, I had been thinking about dieting for a long time, but that was nothing new. It almost feels like I didn't decide. Something just shifted and away I went.

I know what helped. I found a program online that seemed to fit for me and I started crossing the bridge from one way of thinking and being to a new way of thinking and being. The bridge feels strong and secure and able to support my footsteps.

Beneath the picture is a quote I found that I really like.

“There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.” -Kenneth Blanchard

Being on my new journey has been intensely focused, fun, exciting and successful. I have lost 4.4 lbs as of this morning which is right on target for my goal. Inside the last two weeks my weight has fluctuated, but it helps me to watch the inconsistency of weight on the scale (it goes up and down during the week) while I am being consistent in following my new eating plan.

If I got discouraged because I saw the scale go up during the week, I would never see it go down. I would eat to drown my sorrow. So, I have made a commitment to being consistent, follow my plan and believe the long range result will follow. So far, so good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Mom.

Anonymous said...

Good for you Judy, way to go.

Adam Wright said...

Having done the struggle and having achieved moderate success so far...I truly believe if you stick with your program and open uo with your story that you'll do great!