Thursday, December 06, 2007

This Wasn't It

(The music is Kenny G's The Moment) Click if you wish to hear this song.

You know how I have been asking myself, "I wonder what magic will happen to me today?" Well, the beauty of asking myself that question is that I am on the lookout for when something magical happens, and when something happens that is not particularly good, I can say, "That wasn't it!"

Yesterday was a case in point. When I woke up I came down to my laptop only to find it didn't work...which to me means I couldn't get on the internet. When I tried the phone, it didn't work. When I tried the tv, it didn't work. Nope!! All three life necessities which are all tied up in our cable company were not working.

I spent an hour and a half talking with the company and when Tom went down to get the morning paper .. this is what he found.



The snowplow that came through our cul de sac yesterday morning took out our cable pedestal.....cut the cable and rendered me helpless. I am glad to say it was fixed by mid-afternoon and all that remained to be done was having Tom get all four of our computers back online........which he did while I was sleeping.

I guess it is fair to say......the magic happened while I was sleeping.

4 comments:

Adam Wright said...

And the magic could've been the kidney beans.

Judy Roo said...

when I went to bed last night adam..I kept thinking about the kidney beans..the kidney beans win hands down for being one of the best magic moments..

Anonymous said...

It's like that movie "while you were sleeping" with Sandra Bullock and Bill Pullman. I love that movie.

Judy Roo said...

it was and it is kara roo...exactly what I was thinking ..and I love that movie too..