Friday, December 07, 2007

The Magic Of Beans re: My Son Adam's Post

It is no secret that I love my family. They are a source of love and happiness and new thoughts and shared feelings and always always always something unexpected. When I saw Adam's post yesterday about Kallsen and the beans I laughed right out loud.

I remember the day well. I think it was the day Sara Beth, Sarah, Kara and I had gone to the spa for one of the sessions I gave each of us as a Christmas present. When we walked in the door and I saw cold kidney beans on Kallsen's plate, I said, "Adam, what is he eating?" I couldn't believe it. Kallsen was putting those little cold rinsed kidney beans away in record time. It made me laugh then, and it makes me terribly proud to know now that they are known as Grandma's beans!

I borrowed Adam's post (and added the pictures) so you could get the whole story as it happened. Thanks Adam!

Grandma's Beans

Kallsen helping with the dishes last Christmas

Beans for Dinner

"Tonight was a boys night at our house. Sara had a class tonight so the three boys and I were on our own. When Joseph and I picked up Kallsen and Parker I asked them what they wanted for dinner. Kallsen said he wanted beans. I asked what kind of beans do you want? He said, "grandma's beans."

Grandmas beans are just kidney beans rinsed and plain on a plate. One time at Grandma's house Kallsen went to the pantry and grabbed a can of kidney beans and said that's what he wanted to eat. And he's loved them ever since. Not heated in any way...just rinsed and served cold on a plate."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judy...how heart warming your blog is. I totally enjoyed it. You have so many talents. Jim is always trying to take that "Award-winning" picture. You have found it...Wow! I am so impressed with your photography, story-telling, and your tremendous capacity for love of your beautfiul family.

I hope you have a beautiful Holiday and New Year. I love your search for a miracle each day. How inspiring. Susan

Adam Wright said...

It amazed me that Kallsen recalled something that happened a year ago. Amazing the memories that children have.

Judy Roo said...

hi susan.....thank you so much..your words are always so kind and thoughtful..I hope you have a beautiful holiday season and a blessed and warm Christmas...and the amazing thing about looking for magic and miracles is that you find them..sometimes they are hidden behind and under other things but if you look..they are there..hugs judy

Judy Roo said...

it surely is adam..it is amazing..his memory came out of nowhere..amazing..

Anonymous said...

JUDY YOU DO SUCH A NICE JOB ON YOUR PAGES AND CONTENT .WISH I WAS HALF AS GOOD. SPLITFINGER

Judy Roo said...

thanks split....I am so glad you visited.....please come back..

Anonymous said...

That's great! I remember that day that Kallsen really wanted beans for lunch! I can't believe he remembered that! Granma beans! That's great!