Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Beautiful Christmas Day

We had a really nice Christmas Day. It started snowing during the mid - late morning and it didn't stop until nightfall.

While beautiful, it meant my sister, Linda and her husband, David, couldn't be here. They live about an hour north of us, and partway into the drive they called and said the roads were so bad they regretfully decided they needed to turn around and go home. That was really too bad. We have celebrated Christmas together for many years and it just isn't right when they aren't here. But, there was simply no need to take unnecessary chances on the roads they were experiencing. So, along with Adam and his family not being here, our Christmas crowd was down to twelve.

The twelve of us did our best to double our pleasure and double our fun. Below are some pictures from Christmas Day.

Tom overseeing the opening of the stockings

Christopher and Josh enjoying the apple juice Santa put in Josh's stocking

Derek (2) and Josh (17) playing cars


Christopher, Kara and Amelia having fun


Kara's husband Sam thinking about how much he likes me : )
That is how I made him smile for the picture

Josh enjoying the conversation around the table

Linda's daughter, Briana, and Christopher having a really good laugh
Kara and Tom enjoying the conversation around the table

Derek totally mesmerized playing with magnets on the fridge

Derek and Punkin in front of the fire
Punkin and Derek playing with the spirograph

Family getting ready to leave

Punkin looking out the door as he gets ready to go home

Punkin and Derek heading home

Judy (Gramma) saying bye to Christopher after tucking dad in the van. I love seeing the snow still coming down and the exhaust from the van

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

6 comments:

Adam Wright said...

Sounds and looks like you had a very nice Christmas. Hopefully will be able to join you again for Christmas in the future.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dear Friend, I just completed reading your Christmas blog for the second time. As always, it was wonderful!!! I am always moved when I read tales of your life. The music along with your amazing photographs and your touching and often times funny writing are a joy to read. I could feel the tears forming in my eyes as I envisioned your much loved mother traveling thru your home, exploring and commenting on your Christmas decorations. And of course I laughed out loud when I read the caption under Sam's photo. (smiling Sam). We'll I must get back to my task dejour. We should get together this coming January. I will call you. Happy New Year, Fondly, Kathy

Boatwoman said...

From the photos it is clear you all enjoyed a wonderful family Christmas.
May I wish you a fantastic New Year.
Hugsss

Judy Roo said...

oh yes adam........in the near future...we all missed you and sara beth and the boys..they would have loved the snow this year.......I am glad you all had a good Christmas too...

Judy Roo said...

hi kathy...I love when you visit my blog..thanks for being right there in my words..I can see you listen, watch my mom with love and laugh out loud...it is so nice!

we will get together and share a meal...that has become tradition..

love, judy

Judy Roo said...

hi boatwoman..we surely did have a nice Christmas and the snow was so romantic on Christmas day..big white soft fluffy flakes fell gently to the ground...you would have loved it!

happy new year to you and yours too boatwoman..hugs